AAFES extends refund policy
The Army and Air Force Exchange Service announced June 2 that in 2019, Fort Leonard Wood Exchange shoppers generated $993,168.25 of critical support for military quality-of-life programs in the form of earnings-based dividends.
Dividends help fund programs on the installation, such as Child, Youth and School Services, Armed Forces Recreation Centers and numerous other programs that support the military and military families.
“The Exchange is family serving family,” said Beth Pritchard, Exchange general manager. “Exchange earnings improve the lives of Fort Leonard Wood heroes and their families.”
One hundred percent of AAFES’s worldwide earnings are invested in the military community, with 59 percent going to dividends supporting quality-of-life programs and the remaining 41 percent used to improve the experience in stores and at shopmyexchange.com.
The Fort Leonard Wood Exchange dividend is a part of the $217 million AAFES generated worldwide in 2019. Over the past 10 years, the Exchange has contributed $2.2 billion to family and morale, welfare and recreation programs integral to recruiting, readiness and resiliency.
Part of the Exchange’s dividend was generated by veterans. On Jan. 1, 4.1 million veterans with service-connected disabilities and certain caregivers received in-store shopping privileges. Since 2017, all honorably discharged veterans have been authorized to shop the Exchange online. Veterans can find out more about their earned benefits on the Exchange’s community hub page at https://bit.ly/vets4life.
Pritchard said despite the upheaval caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and the ever-changing retail landscape, the Exchange remains dedicated to supporting troops and their families, wherever the military mission takes them.
Refund policy extended
AAFES is extending its return policy for military shoppers who need to make a return but are hesitant to visit the Fort Leonard Wood Exchange during the COVID-19 pandemic.
All purchases made since March 16 are now eligible for return through July 1.
“While extensive preventive measures have been implemented at the Fort Leonard Wood Exchange to keep the military community safe, we understand that some shoppers may not feel comfortable going to a public place at this time,” Pritchard said. “Extending the return window gives military shoppers peace of mind.”
The extended return policy applies only to items purchased in brick-and-mortar exchanges. Since items ordered online can be mailed back, there is no extended return policy for online orders.
For more information, visit shopmyexchange.com or follow AAFES on Twitter at https://twitter.com/exchangepao.