Rec League basketball champs go undefeated four years running
The Rookies took the title of 2018 Recreation League champions, finishing the season undefeated for the fourth consecutive year.
Representatives with the Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation Sports Branch presented the team with the league championship trophy at the conclusion of their final game of the season March 26. Receiving the trophy were team members Kyle Lawrence, Matt Bouvier, Cornelius Lundsford, B.J. Ray, Brock Brunner and Shelton Williams, along with their coach, Steve Richardson. Also contributing to this year’s undefeated season were players Armond Patterson, Lionel Hunter and Neal Siples.
The Rookies went 9-0 in the league, which began play Jan. 22. Following the Rookies in the final standings:
- The 554th Engineer Battalion took second place with a record of 8-1;
- The 43rd Adjutant General Battalion finished third with a record of 6-3;
- Los Masacotes went 5-4 to finish in fourth place;
- The 58th Transportation Battalion, at 4-5, finished fifth;
- The Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 3rd Chemical Brigade, at 4-5, took sixth;
- The 14th Military Police Brigade, at 3-6, finished seventh;
- Tank Automotive and Armaments Command, with a season record of 3-6, took eighth;
- The Jokers, at 1-8, finished ninth.