The Joint Services Transcript
The Joint Services Transcript is an academically accepted document approved by the American Council on Education to validate a service member’s military occupational experience and training along with the corresponding ACE college credit recommendations.
All enlisted, officers and warrant officers, both active and veterans from all Army components, Coast Guard, Marine Corps and Navy have access to this system. Note that JST receives its data from underlying Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps and Navy personnel systems. Air Force personnel should contact the Community College of the Air Force to receive transcripts.
It is up to each institution to decide what ACE credit recommendations can be accepted, modified or rejected. Whether an academic institution accepts the credit recommendations depends on its policies and procedures for transfer credit, your program of study and your degree requirements.
You do not have to be active duty in order to access the JST website and your transcript. Active duty, Reserve, National Guard and veterans can use JST. You will need to first register for a JST account.
The JST includes:
- Personal service member data
- Military course completions — all courses that have been evaluated by the American
- Council on Education (ACE), with full descriptions and credit recommendations
- Military occupations — full descriptions, skill levels, and credit recommendations
- College level test scores — CLEP, DSST, NCPACE, ACT/PEP, and Excelsior
- Other learning experiences — additional completed courses and occupations that have not been evaluated by ACE for college credit
- A summary page with service members’ Opportunity Colleges Course Category Codes
We want service members to send their JSTs to their colleges, this may help to obtain college credit for their work experience and training.
For more information and assistance with Joint Services Transcripts, contact Truman Education Center 573.596.0172.