Guidon assistant editor Sam Campbell got creative when coming up with this original taco recipe!
“I got a multi-function pressure cooker as a gift for Christmas and was dying to use it. After some personal touches and several iterations, I think I’ve found my new favorite meal – ramen chimichurri tacos.”
Campbell said this recipe will work with both slow cookers and multi-function, instant-prep pressure cookers.
Carne asada seasoning (2 tbsp, or one packet)
1 tbsp olive oil
2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
Taco- or fajita-sized tortillas (20-count)
1 cup of ramen broth (sold in local grocery stores in the international food aisle)
12 oz. of chimichurri salsa (any green salsa will work, but chimichurri is preferred)
Shredded cheese of your preference
Green pepper hot sauce
1. Add olive oil to a large bowl and add chicken.
2. Season the chicken breasts with 1 tbsp. (half the packet) of
carne asada and toss until completely covered. Set the other half of the seasoning aside.
3. Mix the ramen broth and salsa in the slow cooker/pressure cooker, and stir until all clumps are gone. If the salsa is quite chunky, don’t be afraid to add ⅓ cup extra broth.
4. Place the seasoned chicken breasts in the pot and sprinkle the rest of the seasoning on top of the mixture. Do not stir.
5. If using a slow cooker, allow the chicken to cook for 3-4 hours. If using an instant pressure cooker, set the machine to cook on high pressure for 13 minutes.
6. Almost done! Remove the chicken from the pot and keep the pot turned on (for pressure cookers, use the “keep warm” or similar function. Do not empty the mixture.
7. Shred the chicken breasts. If you do not have a shredder, using two forks, manually rip them apart.
8. Place the chicken back into the pot. Cook for 10 more minutes in a slow cooker, and 3 more minutes in a pressure cooker.
9. Turn off the heat. Let the meat sit for a few minutes.
10. Once the meat is done, arrange your tacos with any of the optional add-ons. Enjoy the mouth-watering greatness that you are about to consume.
What are you making for dinner? Want to be featured? Submit your photos and recipes to email@example.com.