This week, military child and Waynesville Middle School student, Chloe Jorgensen, shares a quick and easy chicken spaghetti recipe sure to please the whole family.
Replacing ground beef with chicken and substituting spaghetti sauce with a custom mix, Jorgensen puts her unique touch on the traditional dish.
“I like making chicken spaghetti because and I enjoy cooking and making something different,” she said.
The cost-effective recipe leaves her parents and siblings with plenty of leftovers. She recommended topping the dish with a shredded cheese for added flavor.
The recipe and cooking instructions can be found below.
What are you making for dinner? Show us in the comments below. Want to be featured? Submit your photos and recipes to email@example.com.
- 1 stick butter
- 1 can cream of chicken
- 1 can cream of mushroom
- 1 can cream of celery
- ½ lb. processed cheese product (Jorgensen recommends Velveeta)
- 1 can of tomatoes and green chili (Jorgensen recommends Ro-tel)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Pinch of garlic salt
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 32 oz. package of spaghetti noodles
- 1 container chicken broth
- Shredded cheese of your choice
- Pour chicken broth into a pot and let boil for about two minutes.
- Put 32oz. box of noodles into boiling broth and cook.
- Cube 3-4 chicken breasts and cook in a pan until done.
- While the chicken and noodles are cooking, combine Ro-tel, melted butter, garlic salt, cream of chicken, mushroom and chicken soups, Velveeta cheese, salt and pepper into a bowl and mix.
- Once chicken and noodles are fully cooked, drain noodles and place in a 9”x13” baking pan.
- Add chicken and sauce to noodles and mix together.
- If desired, cover with shredded cheese and melt in oven.